Chinese Boiled Chicken
- One whole Beacon Kampung Seaweed Chicken
- 2tbps scallion oil or garlic oil
- 2tbps sesame oil
- Some coriander
- Some chopped spring onion
- Cut off the feet and neck of a Beacon’s Kampung Seaweed Chicken.
- Boil a pot of hot water, put in the whole chicken once the water is boiled. Remember that the water must cover the entire chicken.
- Turn down the heat to low heat and keep the chicken boiled at 90°C.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, dish out the chicken and let its water flow out.
- Put the chicken back into the hot water, repeat step 4, and let the chicken cook for at least 30 minutes.
- After the chicken is cooked, dish out and put it into ice water.
- Soak the chicken in the ice water for 5 minutes, then drain. Chop the chicken.
- Prepare the sauce. Add in Wei Xian soy sauce, cooking wine, seafood flavoured soy sauce, sugar and hot water into a bowl. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Pour the sauce onto the chicken and drizzle some scallion oil or garlic oil and some sesame oil. Add some coriander and chopped spring onion, and serve.